F. James Healy, “Jim” has been practicing law in Albany and the Mid-Willamette Valley since 1979. His practice focuses on business and corporate law, and litigation involving commercial disputes, shareholder and breach of fiduciary duty disputes, as well as claims involving personal injury.
Business & Corporate Law
Jim’s clients include farmers, grass seed companies, a telephone cooperative, trucking companies, construction contractors, as well as other businesses in a wide variety of industries. He helps clients in all phases of their business, including initial planning and formation, purchase or sale of their business, contracts, ongoing advice and support, and business succession planning.
Mergers & Acquisitions
He has represented clients in a variety of merger and acquisition transactions. These mergers have ranged from small companies within the community joining forces, to multi-million dollar transactions involving entrepreneurs and start-up companies being acquired by corporations listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ stock exchanges.
He maintains an active litigation practice which includes commercial litigation as well as personal injury and other general litigation matters. He has always felt better able to advise his clients on day-to-day matters if he also understands the cost and complexity of what going to court entails. By including both litigation and transactional matters in his practice he has a solution-oriented understanding of the issues Oregon business owners face on a daily basis.
Types of cases Jim handles include:
– Corporate dissolution disputes, including forced buy-outs of shareholders
– Contract disputes
– Personal injuries and wrongful death
– Real estate disputes
– Trust and estate disputes
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association (currently inactive)
- US Federal District Court (District of Oregon)
- Business Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Real Estate & Land Use Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Albany Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Central Willamette Credit Union Member since 1994; Board Chair since 2005
- SafeHaven Humane Society – Chair, Capital Campaign Committee
- B.S. Oregon College of Education (nka Western Oregon University) 1976
- J.D. Willamette College of Law 1979